Monday, January 01, 2007

Ouch!

Christmas has come and gone. Our house was a whirlwind of company so I'm happy to kick back into rest mode for a few days.

I've been having pain in my right wrist and knitting hurts. This is why. It's a drop-dead gorgeous scarf made with Baby Alpaca carried with a strand from the silk hankie. I bought both from Golden Willow my LYS. The pattern is Yarn Harlot's from her October 12 scarf. My hand also hurt when I knitted Geoff's hat. I've come to the conclusion that using larger needles, maybe bigger than 5 mm, makes my hands hurt. I've been getting lots of advice from people on the Townsend Socks and Knitlist yahoo groups to try wrist supports, different knitting styles, plastic needles, and many other wonderful ideas. I plan to rest my wrist for a couple of days and then try some of them. It seems that I should probably stick to knitting with smaller needles but I really want to finish this scarf. It matches my winter coat perfectly and is lofty and buttery soft.

Speaking of socks, here is the latest FO. Plain vanilla socks for me - Socks That Rock Chapman Springs. I used Sock Wizard to determine fit and it works well! It's a good thing that knitting socks doesn't hurt my hands.

1 comment:

Dave said...

That is so cool that your socks flashed the same colours at the gusset! Sorry to hear about the hand pain -- I hope it gets better soon.