Friday, March 22, 2013

always winter

So here it is, more than a month after my last post.  Dan and I went to Puerto Vallarta for two weeks and I will have pictures to share with you when I get them sorted.  We thought that we would come home to some signs of spring but winter is tenaciously keeping us captive and it feels like spring will never arrive.  We have officially had more snow this winter than ever before (over six feet and counting) and it just keeps coming.  It truly feels like Narnia before Aslan was on the move.  Those sunny, warm two weeks in Mexico already feel like a distant memory.

The storm this week was particularly brutal because high winds blew the snow into packed drifts that couldn't be navigated by regular vehicles.  There were accidents, stranded travellers, and closed highways.

This was the busy four lane Trans-Canada highway west of Regina yesterday (photos courtesy of the Saskatchewan Highway Hotline Facebook page).



This is what it looks like in our back yard today.

The fence around the garden looks like this in the summer:

Can you find it in this picture that was taken this afternoon?

The snow drift outside my kitchen window keeps growing.

The look on Bentley's face pretty much sums up how I feel about the weather.

4 comments:

Jody said...

OMG is all I can say Susan!!!
I am thoroughly tired of the cold and looking forward to spring...the lambies are all due and the barn is sooooo cold. I hear your pain :-(

Monika said...

So much snow! Poor Bentley.

Marguerite said...

Good grief Susan. That's brutal.

Lynn said...

How does one deal with that much snow, ESP after you come back from an area that involves shorts and cool beverages?!?!