Monday, February 20, 2006



These are pictures of a couple of things that have been on the needles recently. The first pic is of a start on an Aran sweater back using Sirdar Denim Sport Aran yarn and pattern. After swatching for the FLAK I realized that I hadn't swatched carefully enough for this sweater and it is much too small. I am definitely not a loose knitter! I'll have to decide whether to redo it or choose another pattern. The stitch definition looks pretty good in this picture but not as good in reality. I may look for a pattern with bolder cables.

The second pic is of the FLAK project so far. The yarn is Elann Peruvian Highland in Victorian Rose.

5 comments:

Terri said...

Susan, Nice job setting up your new blog. I like the color you chose for your FLAK project. Your shelties are very cute.

Gina said...

Good job on the blog. Isn't it fun? I almost used antique rose for my FLAK project too...it's beautiful. I'm at the same point you are, I'll be sure to check back and see if we're on pace together!

Terri said...

Dear Susan, Please forgive me for calling your gorgeous blue merle Shetland Sheepdogs a Shelties. I had just read your blog and then wrote Sheltie. I used to own a Sheltie and must have had them on my mind.

Priscilla said...

Love your knitting and your dogs! Your blog looks great. Keep sharing your progress with the FLAK.

Susan said...

No need to apologize, Terri, sheltie is a more common way of saying Shetland Sheepdog and is perfectly acceptable, even to breeders ; )