Saturday, May 15, 2010

not a lot going on

About all that I have to share with you is a picture of some sock yarn that I dyed this week.
The base yarn is 80% superwash merino, 10% cashmere, and 10% nylon. It is so soft! I don't imagine it would stand up to wear like something sturdier (Opal, Regia, etc.) but, for someone with *ahem* delicate feet, like me, the socks would be a total luxury.

I've been all about shaded solids when I dye lately. It's fun to play around until I have just enough depth to add interest in the colors while still making them suitable for textured or lace socks where multi-colored yarn would be too distracting to the pattern.

I have been battling pain for the last few weeks and I'm getting very tired of it. Physiotherapy and massage therapy helped but a couple of days after treatment, the pain would be back full force. I saw the chiropractor on Thursday and really feel beat up after that but I'm hoping that the bones are back where they should be now and things will improve. I have to admit that I am cranky about the pain and all the things I'd like to be doing but can't because of it. It's wearing.

4 comments:

Monika said...

I'm sorry to hear that you are not well. I hope it will get better soon. No wonder you are cranky, having pain constantly is tiring.
I love your shot of dyed yarn. It looks lovely hanging there.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear girl - i know exactly what you mean. pain pain pain - living with it so hard. If you need a another chronic painer to whine with, you know where to find me.

knitbit (on ravelry)

Mickey said...

Beautiful jewel tones. Hope you will soon be feeling up to dancing around in some delicious cashmere socks.

CelticCastOn said...

ohhh those semi solids look yummy!! I bet the cashmere feels wonderful on.