Sunday, August 27, 2006

Princess Sole sock comments

Thanks for the compliments on the new sock.

Val asked about where the purl stitches are. I started them right when I began turning the heel and continued until the last two rows of the bottom of the toe. I kept the pattern on the instep but everything else was purled so the entire sole of the foot is purled.

dipsy doodle, if you're thinking about getting Charlene Schurch's sock book I would highly recommend it. There are so many possibilities from what she presents and the socks can be easily custom-knit to fit. And, rest assured, that Austin and Robbie may look scary but it's just play - lots of chasing, snarling, and gnashing and a good time had by all.

1 comment:

Dipsy Doodle said...

Thanks so much for recommending that book - there's so many sock-pattern-books out there that I'm honestly a bit blown away, but with this tip of yours I'll make sure to get this one! Just checked it out on Amazon.com, it's available for a good price, so off to ordering I am! ;)