Saturday, October 07, 2006

What can I say? Things have been busy.



I know it's been a long time between blog posts. There hasn't been a lot to post. Knitting life has been quiet. I seem to be doing a lot of planning and frogging so have been spinning my wheels and not accomplishing much.

I was excited to see the Namaste Everyday Bag come in the mail the other day. It's a beautiful bag - soft, sturdy, and such a pretty color! It is definitely roomy.

I spun enough Romney to start a hat. I was trying for a semi-woolen spin and I think it's a good choice for a hat. There's enough loft for warmth. I like the swirl of colors from Sharon's dying and my plying - sort of a marled effect. I did the hat top down so that I would know how much yarn it's going to need. I may have to spin some more for the brim. I've run out of most of the colors but have quite a bit of the darker blue left which would be just fine for the brim.

I'm enjoying the knitted lace of the Silk Smoke and I really didn't think that I would. It seems to grow so fast! I've asked Sharon to order me some more Sea Silk in the Nova Scotia colorway for a shawl to be made in the future.

Dan and I were in attendance at the Rolling Stones concert last night. More on that to follow.

No comments: