Saturday, December 22, 2007

a break

Well, with some mixed feelings on my part, my teaching career for this school year is over. The combination of my various health woes has been kicking my butt. The fatigue and pain have dictated that teaching is too difficult at this point. I will be on medical leave until the end of June. I will truly miss the children and the other staff members but I am relieved to have time to rest. Hopefully, the leave will allow me to get rested up so that I can resume living with some energy again.

Of course, being away from the kids will cut off my source for the kid-bits. I'd sure love to hear any that you can send my way.

I'm hoping that more time on my hands will translate into more fiber time. I have so many things that I want to do with my spinning, dyeing, and knitting!

Here's hoping that you all have a very Merry Christmas! Be safe and warm!

3 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

Enjoy your rest and hopefully you'll get that energy you need. I'm sure your kiddos are going to miss you too.

Have a Merry Christmas!

ColorJoy LynnH said...

It sounds like a bittersweet but needed change. Do what you can to really nurture yourself on this time off. Remember that someone else will be able to teach/work and earn an income while you're out.

My mom worked a longterm sub job in 1968, which landed her a permanent teaching job in 1969. She stayed for over 20 years. Let's put out the good vibes that your break will be good for you and also for the sub.

Susanne said...

Oh I have a "kid-bit" for you! My youngest DD is due in February and my oldest DD has been trying to explain to her 3 yr old (CM)that Auntie T. is having a baby. He doesn't seem to get it. The other day they were together at the pregnant one's home CM picked something up off a table and his cousin said "no don't that is for the baby". CM said "you don't have a baby here". His Mom overheard this exchange and said, "yes remember CM I told you that Auntie T is having a baby?". Then T piped up and rubbed her tummy saying.."see Auntie T has a baby in her tummy"...CM ..huge gasp..."YOU ATE a BABY?????". The girls collapsed and ran to respective bathrooms to recover..
Have a good rest and know that I will certainly provide you with "kid-bits" on occasion. With 8 grands I have lots!!!