Monday, February 09, 2009

ice fog

The brutal cold left us last week and we had some nice sunny days. Then there were winter storm warnings yesterday. There was a nasty system that dumped rain and freezing rain to the areas east of us but all we got was this ice fog.

It was pea soup thick all day and hasn't let up at all. It's pretty but I'm glad that I'm not traveling on the highways. The city roads were fine but, according to the news, there were lots of vehicles in ditches between here and the Manitoba border.

3 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

Wow! We're suppose to start seeing colder temps by this weekend. I've really enjoyed the warm up.

Aunt Kathy said...

Yeah I wouldn't venture out in ice fog either. I always am scared when my kids or husband have to drive in this yucky stuff

Jenny Girl said...

very eerie looking. Snugle up with a cup of tes and a good book or knitting project.