Monday, November 29, 2010

not a weather post

It seems that all I've had to blog about for the last few weeks has been the weather. Today, however, I have some fiber things to share.

I finally finished up the gift socks for my physiotherapist Rachel. I used yarn from the stash, Nova Sock Print color 303, doubled. I bought the yarn from Golden Willow Natural Fiber a while back and it's quite nice - I should have bought more at the time; the price was right. The socks are thick and warm. I hope she likes them and that they fit.


I also finished up the yarn for the shawl. I posted a picture of the first singles of merino, silk, baby alpaca, sheltie, and angelina that I carded and spun woolen in the summer. It took me quite a while to spin up the second singles of worsted silk brick; I don't like spinning silk by itself so it was slow going. However I do like the finished yarn.

The finished yarn on the bobbin:

And after being fulled in the bath:
I haven't decided on a pattern yet but there are lots of contenders.

3 comments:

Jody said...

Oh that is sooooo gorgeous!! Whatever you make with it will be beautiful I am sure :-)

Lindsay @ Me Quilting said...

beautiful yarn i love how you plyed 2 different things together, i will have to try that, the silk definately gives it a nice shimmer even though its a pain to spin!

Lovs2Knit said...

The socks look great. Oh, the yarn came out beautifully! I can't wait to see it all knit up.