Wednesday, March 16, 2011

first handspun

I was rooting through a bin of fiber looking for some that I could use as waste on the drum carder to make sure that it was clean before starting a new project. I found a bag of white Romney that would do the trick. When I opened it up I discovered this:

my very first handspun yarn wrapped around a paper core. I made this in the summer of 2006. How my spinning life has changed since then!

We are finally getting some milder weather (seasonal, at least) and the big melt is on. It's so lovely to be able to be out in the sunroom on sunny afternoons again!

2 comments:

Jody said...

My first yarn looked like that too LOL. You have been spinning along time Susan. I just got my first spindle in 2006 :-)

Lovs2Knit said...

My first handspun yarn looks very similar. :) We're warming up here too. It's so nice to be able to go outside without bundling up.