Wednesday, February 01, 2012

some things accomplished

I've been bemoaning the fact that I haven't been getting much done the last few weeks but when I started pulling out various project I realized that I've done more than I thought.  It's just that I have so many things on the go that the work that was accomplished is spread out among them.

Here are the in-progress ones.
Pimpelliese using my fractal spun merino/silk fiber from Bee Mice Elf.  I have passed the half-way point and started the decreases.  I really love the subtle color gradation.  I think it's the perfect pattern choice for fractal spun yarn.

I succumbed to knitting the Noro Striped Scarf pattern and am on the home stretch.  I have no plans for it at this point.  It may be a gift for someone.


I have done some spinning too.  I finished processing some lovely Corriedale/Rambouillet fleece from Val (woolywoolofthewest on Etsy).
Each skein is about 320 yds. and 170 g, woolen spun from batts.  I dyed the fiber to co-ordinate with my winter coat and am thinking about making myself some Newfoundland mitts.

I spun up the Spunky Eclectic Emerald City fiber from my stash.  It's Masham and was the club fiber from November/10.  I spun it as singles and was pleased with the result.  Masham is a long wool, sturdy enough for singles.  It can get wiry if it's over-spun.
I got 300 yds from 220 g of fiber.

I couldn't resist taking another picture of it in direct sunlight because it's so pretty.
This skein will be for sale at Golden Willow when I get there next.

4 comments:

Jody said...

Hi Susan....I was admiring that pretty little shawl on Ravelry :-)
Have a SAFE trip to Mexico!!

Monika said...

Lovely projects, and your handspun yarn too.

Tina said...

I think you are a lot more productive than I am!
Love the shawl with the nice edging.

Lynn said...

Beautiful yarn as always. And I really like your noro scarf. GORGEOUS!