Sunday, November 25, 2007

I'm still here

My apologies for the scant postings lately. Things have been overwhelmingly busy at work and I have been struggling to work through the TMJ and fibromyalgia pain.

There isn't much to post about knitting or anything else fiber-y. After making most of one foot for Dan's "surprise" socks, I started having my doubts about the fit. I decided that it would be more important to knit socks that fit him than to keep them a surprise. Good thing. He didn't like the fit so they were frogged and restarted. I have the new foot finished and am working on the cuff now. He has big feet! His foot shape is the opposite of mine - wide, wide, wide right to the tip of his toes. I have narrow feet and pointy toes so making socks for him is forcing me to try new fitting tactics. Now that all of the tricky stuff is done, all that is left is boring long cuffs. I'll post a picture as soon as I have the energy to take out the camera.

Bentley has officially left puppyhood behind as he turned one year old. The weekend before the puppies' birthday, his sister Chloe won Best of Breed and a Group 2 in another Specialty! What a way to finish her puppy career!

No comments: