Friday, September 12, 2008

another twist

I got an email from Lynne F. suggesting I order the colors according to value (light and dark). So I used my photo software to make the pics black and white to show the yarn color values.

Something that I should have mentioned yesterday is that the trim will be knit with the turquoise yarn. I think that it will frame the colors nicely in the finished cardigan.

Here are the yarns in the same order as in the previous post. This one has the lights and darks mixed pretty evenly. It is the one that most people like best so far.
(left to right: fuschia, pink, orange, yellow, green, turquoise, lt. turquoise, purple)

This one is preferred the least so far.
(left to right: pink, purple, lt. turquoise, orange, green, yellow, fuschia, turquoise)

Most people's second choice.
(left to right: pink, purple, fuschia, orange, yellow, green, turquoise, lt. turquoise)

Using the values, I tried a couple of more arrangements. I didn't get a chance to take these pictures in natural daylight as I did yesterday so the colors may look a bit different under the kitchen lights.

This one is roughly lightest value to darkest value. It doesn't appeal to me.

And finally, very similar to the first arrangement on the previous post but with a couple of changes to mix up the values even further. It's okay but I think I still like the first photo best.

2 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

I still like the first one as well.

What a cool idea taking the black and white photos, brilliant

My Qi and Me said...

Wow. Fabulous colours. Makes me feel upbeat viewing them. The black and white makes a fascinating reminder of how blessed we are to see in colour!
Terry