Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians! Dan and I are celebrating it very quietly by doing dog nails today, and Dan is playing hockey tonight so our Thanksgiving meal was yesterday. As it was just us eating, I didn't cook a turkey but opted for a ham and scalloped potatoes menu instead. Much easier on the cook (who is still pretty sore from all this hip and muscle pain).

I am thankful for so many things - my husband who is not only the love of my life but also my very best friend; my son who has grown into a strong and wonderful young man; my extended family on both sides; good friends, some of whom have been good friends for decades; a comfortable home in a lovely setting (we're so lucky to live in this wonderful country even though it snows in October!); an abundance of food and enough financial stability to indulge my hobbies; tremendous medical support from so many skilled people including my doctor, massage therapist, physical therapist, and chiropractor; and, last but definitely not least, my beloved dogs.

It's good to have days like these to reflect on our blessings. I have been pretty down lately, what with the physical pain and limitations that seem like they're not going away any time soon. It's easy to get mired into self-pity. Being thankful puts everything back into perspective.

It was also fun to get the news that I was awarded a Runner Up prize in the Schacht spinning contest. Details are on Jane Patrick's blog if you're interested. I am listed as getting a Novice award but that's a mistake. I contacted Jane and it will be corrected to an Expert award. I'm looking forward to receiving a new Schacht Niddy Noddy.




1 comment:

Jody said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you Susan!
I saw that mistake saying you were a novice spinner LOL!