I finished a few skeins of handspun recently. This skein is Spunky Eclectic "Thin Ice" in a SW merino, nylon, and bamboo blend. It's a 3 ply, 230 yds., 18 wpi, 97 g. I will put it in the sock queue. It's lovely fiber - very soft with a lovely sheen - and nylon to help it wear well. It was spun on the Ladybug.
The following yarns were made with the help of the new Roberta spinner. I really love this machine, especially now that it's painful to sit for any length of time because of the sciatica. I just spin while standing. It's been a sanity saver.
I spun the singles of this BeeMiceElf "Splash" Falkland on the Rose then plied them on the Roberta. It will also become socks one day. It's 3 ply, 275 yds., 95 g, 22 wpi. The Falkland softened up a lot after washing it.
I made this skein of brown Romney to practice spinning on the Roberta when she first arrived. I have no idea what I'll do with it. It's 2 ply, 60 g, 16 wpi, soft for Romney but there was a lot of straw to pick out of it as I spun. I forgot to check the yardage before I washed it.
And this huge bobbin is full of Spunky Eclectic "Pansy" Romney. This Romney top was lovely, very soft for a long wool, and with such pretty colors. It's 11 wpi, 2 ply, and 168.5 yds, in fractal stripes. It was spun and plied on the Roberta and was completed in about 3 hours. The Roberta really speeds up the spinning process but, because it's Irish tension (bobbin lead), it's happiest spinning heavier yarns than I usually spin on my wheels. And that's okay as it was bought mainly for plying. I don't have immediate plans for knitting it.
My sister Darcie recently posted about keeping track and documenting spinning projects. Here's what I started to do with mine.
I bought blank business cards and binder inserts for them. I can jot down all the details about the yarn as well as include a little sample of it on the card. I have my wpi gauge in the binder so it's handy and I don't have to hunt it down. It's been working well so far.