Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday

Thank you for all of the kind comments about Poke. It's been a difficult week. It's hard to believe how quiet the house seems without him.

I found time to scour some more of the Gotland fleece and it isn't an improvement on the first lot. I sent an email to Treenway last night so that they would have feedback that may be useful in future purchases. I got a phone call from them right away this morning offering me another Gotland fleece that they inspected carefully and assured me was beautiful for 30% off and free shipping. Of course I jumped at the offer. I was very pleased with their customer service and will show you pics when the new fiber arrives.

3 comments:

Jody said...

Sorry to hear that fleece isn't very good. You know the reason I even bought a fleece from them was because I thought the fleeces were top quality.

Lynn said...

What a great thing for the company to do for you!!! Customer Service is key!

Gloria Patre said...

So sorry to hear about Poke! I've been following along even though I haven't commented much - it's SO sad to lose such a sweet companion!
Impressive customer service from Treenway! I'm impressed with your ambition, taking on whole fleeces! Wow!