How does Yarn Harlot do it? I spent most of my available time the last two days just reading comments. Yarn Harlot gets hundreds of comments on her blog every day!! When does she sleep, eat, knit??
Here's what I have recently learned from my blog:
1. Knitters really, REALLY like Lisa Souza's yarn! Especially if it's free.
2. Knitters like animals. Lots of you had questions about my dogs. The formal introductions are
-Multi Group Placing, CKC Champion Ajax's SS Hocus Pocus, almost 10 years old, Bichon Frise
-WillowGlyn Patriot Games (Harrison), Shetland Sheepdog (sheltie), 6 years old
-Multi Group Placing CKC Champion and Best In Show UKC Champion WillowGlyn Oh Behave (Austin), sheltie, 3 years old
-WillowGlyn Serengeti Nights (Robbie), sheltie, almost 2 years old
3. A lot of people knit socks.
4. A lot of people read blogs. Many of them also write blogs.
5. Google Analytics is really fun! I just installed it on the weekend and you can see the stats about the hits to your blog including a map of where they originated. Amazing!
Chris asked whether I spin the dog hair. I am saving the undercoat from the shelties as I brush them. It's lovely and soft. I haven't started spinning it yet but I will.
Thank you for all of the lovely compliments about the dogs!
The first Meilenweit 6-ply sock is done. I started it for me but it will be for my sister. Unfortunately the STR Granite (see Jan. 31/07 post) sock was too big for her and this one was roomy on me so she'll get this one and the Granite was frogged for use at a later date. The more socks I knit the more I am discovering that I like my socks snug.