Wednesday, October 15, 2008

puppies galore!

Bentley's momma Ten (CH. Torihill's Savvidax Prrfect ML) had a litter of three male puppies 3 weeks ago. My sister Darcie and I took a little day trip out to the lake to visit Daphne (Bowering) and the new mini longhaired Dachshund babies. They are very sweet and cuddly!
Ten let us snuggle her babies but she kept a very watchful eye on us. She's a good mom.

A colleague of mine, Jean Juno, is a Golden Retriever breeder (YBF Goldens). She lives out the same way so we stopped for a visit there too. This is what greeted us when we stepped into the dog room...
a litter of eleven 8-week old puppies! They are lively and way too adorable!

Jean asked for my opinion about their structure so I went over each puppy on the table. They are an incredible litter! I think that most of them are capable of attaining conformation championships in the show ring which is pretty amazing consistency for that large a litter. They are also great prospects for performance events. I think that Jean still has a couple of show quality puppies waiting for homes. If you are interested click on the link above to see Jean's homepage and contact info.
Darcie got some better puppy shots than I did. You can go to her blog to see more pics.

Jean has a lively country home. In addition to the dogs and two young kids, we found bunnies

and a pet Canada Goose named Eggwin (crappy picture, sorry).
Jean's husband Steve found him near where he works. Eggwin has a bad wing and his momma had abandoned him so Steve took him home. Now he's one of their large, happy menagerie on the acreage in the valley.

All in all, it was a very nice way to spend the day! My dogs were most interested in me when I got home. I smelled good!

1 comment:

Natalie Rush said...

Oh I LOVE puppies!! I'm looking for one now! YEAH FOR PUPPIES!!!