Sunday, October 26, 2008

a stranger in our midst



Austin started 'alert' barking the other evening. It seems he noticed the woman's picture on this box that I set on the crate after getting groceries. Apparently she is a very scary woman and all who live here should be aware that she is a threat. It's nice to know that I have a watchdog to protect me from 2-dimensional demons.

The box housed a goLite and was an impulse purchase. Costco had a sale. The light is supposed to help stimulate your energy when the number of daylight hours dwindles. I've suspected for years that I have a mild version of Seasonal Affective Disorder so I thought it would be worth a try. I'll have to let you know how it's working after giving it a few days.

I have received several blog comments about dyeing yarn, some asking for more information and some offering advice. Thank you for the interest and I'll post a more detailed description of what techniques and supplies I use when I have more time. Until then you can see some pics of my set-up here.

2 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

That's too funny! Don't you feel safe now? My Cocker Spaniel does that. She always notices when something is out of place.

My Qi and Me said...

Dear Susan,

I am feeling reassured to know that you are so well safe-guarded.
At this household our air space is secure. The Border Coller barks as Canada Geese chevrons fly-honk by and also barks at the jet trails (that amazes me).
She also growls and barks at her reflection in the living window at night.
Still, in all, I am thrilled that she is guarding our space.