Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tulip cardi in progress


Here is the progress pic of the Tulip cardigan that I'm knitting for my god-daughter Kaitlin's baby daughter Jayda. I was struggling with hand pain at first which has been an issue for me whenever I knit anything heavier than socks. Since switching to the Bryspun circ, however, I haven't had a problem. I think it's because I held the right needle with my hand over the top of it when I worked on larger projects and that position caused carpal tunnel pain because of my wrist flexing down. My comfortable knitting position is with my hand holding the needle like a pencil which wasn't easy for me when I was holding the heavier needles. I'm finding the Bryspun needles are so light and have such a good point that I can knit in my usual style and my hand is fine. It will be interesting to see if I can avoid hand pain when working on an adult-sized sweater.

1 comment:

Gloria Patre said...

I really love the colors of this cardi! So fresh & vibrant!! What a lucky girl! Did you dye this yarn?
I think you'll find that using circs all the time will go a long way to lessening your pain! It's been decades since I used straights for anything!! I use either circs or DPNs.