Wednesday, May 09, 2007

A Knitting Glossary

I've been home sick the last couple of days. It started with a sore throat and has now become laryngitis. I started watching "A Knitting Glossary" with Elizabeth Zimmermann and Meg Swanson on DVD. As strange as this may sound, my favorite part is their hands. They are women after my own heart. In spite of being filmed close-up doing various knitting techniques, their fingernails are not manicured and look like mine. I respect their honesty and unpretentiousness. Of course, there is a lot of great information on the DVD too and I'm sure that I'll be referring to it for years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well lately - all the very best to you, and I sure hope you'll recover very quickly!
And oh, this DVD seems to be after my own heart too - yay for non-manicured fingernails ;)))