Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Cooper's latest adventure

He ate a rock. What a dufus.

He started vomiting this morning and couldn't keep anything down. I decided to take him to get it checked and I'm glad that I did. The rock was in his small intestine. I have the rock in a baggie but decided to spare you a picture of it. I asked if he could be neutered while he was already anesthetized. I was allowed to watch the surgery which was cool. I have the best vets! And thank goodness for pet insurance!

Hopefully he will be well enough to come home tomorrow.

9 comments:

Susie B said...

Way to go, Cooper. And yea, mom, for doing 2 surgeries with one visit.

Monika said...

OMG- poor Cooper!
I'm afraid Denny will do something like that as well. He's always something in his mouth.
I hope Cooper will be home soon!

There is always something isn't there?

Jody said...

Oh boy you really have to watch those puppies! I'm glad he's ok Susan. I find surgeries interesting to watch also but DH thinks I am mad:-)

SissySees said...

Dear Cooper:

You are not a basset hound and shouldn't need to take the world in orally. However, do be a dear and nicely take any pills the vet might have sent home...

****
Glad he's okay and you were able to kill two birds with... you know. (Forgive the bad pun!)

ACraftyKnitter said...

Think it was at least a TASTY stone?

Lynn said...

He ate a rock?!?!? OMG!!!! What is it abt dogs and eating everything in site? Well at least you were able to kill two birds with one stone!!!!! LOLOLOL

Lynn said...

HA!!!! Channon had the same idea I did!!! LOL

Karen said...

Hi - who are your vets? - they sound great!

Susan said...

Albert North Vet Clinic. Awesome people to work with!