Friday, May 16, 2008

handspun BFL finished

Here's the BFL after washing and setting the twist. The large skein is 3-ply, 383 yds., and 125 g. It will be good for socks, which was the goal. I'm quite ridiculously proud of this yarn.

In spite of the weight of each of the three bobbins being so close, I ran out of one bobbin before the other two so I 2-plied what was left. I have 375 ft. and 22 g of it, not really enough to do much with but it will go into the stash for future reference.

I started spinning some superwash BFL. The fibers are much more slick and I will not be able to spin it as fine as the regular BFL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oo, that yarn looks yummy!