Sunday, April 13, 2008

a few more Joy pics...

Nancy left a comment on the previous post asking for more pictures of the pocket in the Joy bag packed with the Woolee Winder flyer and of a size comparison of the Joy bobbins and the Woolee Winder bobbins so here goes.

This is a top-down view with the Joy folded and packed in the bag. The WW flyer fits nicely in the inside pocket. It is padded on the outside for protection when carting it around, as is the main compartment containing the wheel. The WW flyer doesn't take up much more room than the Joy flyer.

Here you can see that the bag zips up nicely when packed. There are two outside pockets on the front for carrying tools or fiber. The outside pockets are not padded.

The following pics show the two bobbins side by side. The WW bobbins have the black stem and plastic cogs. I haven't filled a WW bobbin yet but I'm sure that I'll get quite a lot more yarn on it than on the Joy bobbin. I think that I read somewhere that it holds about 1/3 more yarn.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Thanks for all the woolee winder pics. It's nice to see what the winder will look like with the Joy. I ordered a WW to go with my Joy a few weeks ago, and I can't wait to get it!