Monday, April 07, 2008

Crosshatch Lace


Although most of my time has been spent spinning lately (I've almost filled the bobbin with the pretty blue BFL on my Elizabeth), I have been finding some time to work on the Crosshatch Lace socks. I'm using my own hand-dyed merino/silk yarn and I think the color and pattern are well-suited to each other. This is a great pattern -- easy and pretty! I just finished the gussets. I'm using my Comfy Soled Socks method.

I have some yarn and fiber marinating in hot water downstairs and I will dye them this evening. I've never dyed fiber before so it will be a learning experience. The top is superwash merino so it should be hearty enough for a beginner and resist felting in the dyeing process. I'll post pics when they're done.

2 comments:

Tina said...

The socks are very beautiful and I am waiting to see those dyeing results.

Lovs2Knit said...

I love the color of your Crosshatch Lace socks. Can't wait to see how the roving turns out.